We all need a little laughter in our lives now and again, which is why funny quotes and sayings are proving so incredibly popular with the online/social networking communities as of late. People say that laughter is the best medicine and they could quite very well be right.
Funny quotes have the ability to make us smile, to make us giggle, to make us laugh, and to even break down into hysterics of laughter with tears streaming down our faces. It feels good to laugh which only goes to prove that great humour is hard to beat. Having the ability to make people laugh is something not to be taken lightly, and it is certainly not something that should be underestimated.
68 Funny quotes and sayings about Love Life and Family
Funny love quotes – Funny Quotes About Love
1. Women are meant to be loved, not understood – Oscar Wilde
This funny quote from the great Oscar Wilde, is a play on the fact that women’s emotions and at times hormones, have been known to cause them to react in, shall we say, slightly erratic manners.
2. I love you like a fat kid loves cake – Scott Adams
Although obesity is no laughing matter, you have to admit that this quote from Scott Adams is pretty hilarious, and self explanatory.
3. Honesty is the key to a relationship. If you can fake that, you’re in. – Richard Jeni
Of course not all couples lie to each other but many of them do, shall we say, embellish the truth at times.
4. Love is hiding who you are at all times. It’s wearing make-up to bed and going downstairs to Burger King to poop. – 30 Rock
Some people believe that in order to keep our partners interested in us, we need to come across as as flawless as we can possibly be, and if that means putting on a false facade, then so be it.
5. It wasn’t love at first sight. It took a full five minutes. – Lucille Ball
This clever play on words talks about the fact that we don’t always fall in love with the love of our lives right away, sometimes it takes a little time to get to know them first.
6. Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell. – Joan Crawford
Love can be tricky, and all relationships will go through tough times every now and again. Sometimes falling in love can do more harm than good, but for many, it’s a risk that they’re willing to take.
7. Love is telling someone their hair extensions are showing. – Natasha Leggero
If we’re truly in love with somebody we should be able to be open and honest with them and tell them how things are and say things as we see them.
8. Men are from Earth. Women are from Earth. Deal with it. – George Carlin
Although the saying goes that men are from Mars, and women are from Venus, at the end of the day we’re all human, we all come from the same place, and we are, to some degree, all equals.
9. I’ve learned that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in. – Unknown
Obviously stalking is never endorsed as this is a humorous joke and nothing more, talking about the fact that we can’t always make people feel the same way about us as we do about them.
10. First love is a kind of vaccination which saves man from catching the complaint the second time. – Honore de Balzac
Love is again difficult, and this quote talks about how some people who have previous bad relationship experiences may be put off from getting into further relationships.
11. Love is a lot like a backache, it doesn’t show up on x-rays but you know it’s there. – George Burns
Falling in love is strange. You know when it happens, even if your mind refuses to acknowledge it. It’s something that you feel, not something that you can think about or contemplate or hope to understand. It’s just always there and eventually, you’ll realize it. Your brain and your heart will finally get on the same frequency and you will see that you’ve been in love for quite a while, without ever knowing it.
13. Love is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions. – Woody Allen
You can’t have a list of funny love quotes without at least one gem from Woody Allen. Love is, quite literally, the answer to almost everything, but it doesn’t come quickly or easily to most people. While you’re waiting for that epic love to become part of your life, sex can be a great way to form close, intimate relationships that can later develop into something more.
14. Love is temporary insanity curable by marriage. – Ambrose Bierce
Love has been described as many things, but it is most often referred to as a kind of insanity. It’s easy to understand why. Love drives us to do amazing and terrible things that we would never otherwise consider. That insanity is, inevitably, cured by marriage but that does not mean that the joy and ecstasy and insanity of love must be lost.
15. Woman are meant to be loved, not to be understood. – Oscar Wilde
Women can be hard to understand. Even some women don’t understand the minute complexities of their own gender. When it comes right down to it though, women are not placed on this earth to be understood. They are here to be loved, protected, cherished and desired, but never to be understood.
Funny birthday quotes – Funny Quotes About Birthday
11. A man is getting old when he walks around a puddle instead of through it. – R. C. Ferguson
When we’re children we love to play in the mud, splashing through puddles, so when we avoid them rather than jump in them, perhaps we have matured.
12. Age is a number and yours is unlisted. – Anon
This funny quote basically talks about how age doesn’t matter yet some people choose to hide it, all the while implying that the person in question is so old that there is no number for their real age.
13. Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter. – Jack Benny
It doesn’t matter how old we are, as long as we feel great, take care of ourselves, have fun, and don’t obsess over a number, it really does not matter in the slightest.
14. Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life. – Daniel Francois Esprit Auber
Of course whilst it makes perfect sense, this quote is still very humorous and is perhaps observational comedy at its finest.
15. A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip. – Anon
Every year we grow a little older, yet many of us feel depressed and upset as we grow older. Instead, rather than obsessing over our age, we should simply just have fun instead.
16. As you get older three things happen. The first is your memory goes, and I can’t remember the other two. – Sir Norman Wisdom
The great Norman Wisdom here, making a gag about how when we grow older and middle age sets in, our cognitive functions tend to become affected and we find ourselves becoming more forgetful and absent minded.
17. Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life. – Herbert Asquith
This is another funny quote referencing old age, this time comparing it to being younger, fitter, healthier, and more vibrant as a whole. Unfortunately old age affects us all at some point, which is perhaps even more reason to take better care of ourselves.
18. A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman’s birthday but never remembers her age. – Robert Frost
Women are sensitive about their age, at least, that is how the cliche goes, which is why it is commonly known that a man should never ask a woman her age. Despite that, women love being spoilt, so if you spoil her with flowers and gifts but don’t talk about her age, you’re onto a real winner.
19. A friend never defends a husband who gets his wife an electric skillet for her birthday. – Erma Bombeck
This funny quote talks about how it is believed than men generally suck at purchasing gifts for special occasions, with the electric skillet being no exception in this case.
20. Birthdays are nature’s way of telling us to eat more cake. – Unknown Author
Who here doesn’t love cake? Not many of you that’s for sure, so if you get an excuse to eat cake, you should do just that.
Funny inspirational quotes
21. A day without sunshine is like, you know, night. – Steve Martin
Although Steve Martin is again using observational and dry humour, he’s also talking about how a day with no happiness or joy, which is represented by the sunshine, can make you down and miserable, represented by the darkness of night.
22. If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done? – George Carlin
This Funny quote is a bit of a mind trip as although failure is failing, if you intend to fail, even though you’ve failed, you’ve succeeded. Confused? Read it back a few times and you’ll get it.
23. You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. – Jack London
If you want to find true inspiration, don’t let it come to you, instead, go after it yourself and do all that you can to find it in order to become as successful as you can possibly be.
24. If you’re going to be thinking, you may as well think big. – Donald Trump
Donald Trump here, talking about how you should always set your goals, sights, and targets as high as you possibly can as that is the best way to achieve true success.
25. Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door. – Kyle Chandler
In order to find the best opportunities we need not to wait for them, but instead to go out there and do all that we can to make things happen for ourselves.
26. Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there. – Will Rogers
This Inspirational quote here from Will Rogers is talking about how even though we may be doing things correctly, if we wish to be truly successful, we need to not just sit around, but to instead dedicate as much of our time to achieving our goals as we possibly can.
27. Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow. – Mark Twain
This quote again talks about living in the moment and how hard work may not be easy, but it is sometimes necessary if we wish to achieve our various goals and targets in life.
28. Try to be like the turtle – at ease in your own shell. – Bill Copeland
This quote, which is short and simple, talks about how we need to believe in ourselves, be self confident, and comfortable in our own skin. We shouldn’t pretend to be something that we’re not, instead we should just be ourselves, and if people don’t like it then who the heck cares?
29. Life is like a sewer… what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. – Tom Lehrer
Sewers are generally unpleasant as we know primarily what is found in them. However, occasionally slightly nicer things may be found down there, like sentimental jewellery or money perhaps. Life is the same thing, if you’re negative and counter-productive, you get very little from it, but if you’re positive and productive, you get far more.
30. People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily. – Zig Ziglar
This quote is talking about the fact that when our motivation levels do drop, rather than simply moving on to something else, or hoping that they return, we should instead do all that we can to help them return to us instead.
Funny life quotes – Funny Quotes And Sayings About Life
31. Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch it to be sure. ~Murphy’s Law
This quote talks about how sometimes people can take the easy way out, and so if something requires extra work, they’d rather take the easy route than see for themselves.
32. If there is something you must do and you cannot do it, you cannot do anything else. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic’s Notebook, 1960
This quote talks about how we should always strive to be the best that we can be and that we should never give up. If we can’t do something, rather than just simply quitting, we should instead learn how to do it.
33. How is it that our memory is good enough to retain the least triviality that happens to us, and yet not good enough to recollect how often we have told it to the same person? ~François VI de la Rochefoucault
This quote here is perhaps a play on absent mindedness and how some people are prone to repeat the same stories over and over again, even to people who have heard the same stories on numerous occasions.
34. The odds of going to the store for a loaf of bread and coming out with only a loaf of bread are three billion to one. ~Erma Bombeck
This is another dry and observational quote talking about how if we set out to do something, a vast majority of the time that is exactly what we will do.
35. What you discover about life’s shell game is that it’s hardest to follow the pea when you’re the pea. ~Robert Brault
This quote here talks about how for many, life can be difficult, yet we still emulate those around us, even those that have suffered at times.
36. An unwatched pot boils immediately. ~H.F. Ellis
People say that a watched pot never boils, so if we don’t watch it, it will boil immediately, at least, that’s what this quote is talking about, or more specifically how if we find other things to pass the time rather than waiting, time will move much faster.
37. If you wonder where your child left his roller skates, try walking around the house in the dark. ~Leopold Fechtner
This is a quote about irony and how if you don’t want something to happen, there’s a strong chance that it in fact will happen.
38. Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else. ~Will Rogers
We laugh at clip shows where people slip and fall over, yet if it happened to us, it would hurt and would perhaps become much less funny.
39. When the plane you are on is late, the plane you want to transfer to is on time. ~Author Unknown
Again, this quote here talks about sod’s law and how you can guarantee that when you’re late, everyone else is on time, yet when you’re on time, everyone else will be late.
Funny friendship quotes – Funny Quotes About friendShip
40. One measure of friendship consists not in the number of things friends can discuss, but in the number of things they need no longer mention. – Clifton Fadiman
This quote talks about how true friendships can last years, even lifetimes, and how so many experiences will have been shared, that some of them, years down the line, may seem pointless.
41. It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like ‘What about lunch?’ – A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
This quote here talks about how when we find people with the same likes and interests as us, we immediately strike up bonds and friendships.
42. Friends are people who know you really well and like you anyway. – Greg Tamblyn
This is a quote talking about how friends will accept you regardless of your flaws.
43. It’s the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter. – Marlene Dietrich
If you called most people at 4 a.m. they’d be furious, but if you have a friend you can call at that time, you know you’re made it.
44. Friends give you a shoulder to cry on. But best friends are ready with a shovel to hurt the person that made you cry. – Anon
When we find true friends, we think of them as family and so if somebody or something hurts them, we want to get even and help them get redemption in the process.
45. You and I are more than friends. We’re like a really small gang. – Anon
This quote talks about how even though two best friends will be two people, with their bonds and combined knowledge, skills, life experience, and expertise, all of their attributes can make them just as efficient as a small gang made up of several people.
46. Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down. – Oprah Winfrey
True friends will stick with you through the good times and the bad. Some people only want to be there for you when things are going smoothly, yet true friends will stick with you through thick and thin and if that means they suffer in the process, then so be it.
47. A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked. – Bernard Meltzer
True friends will accept you for all of your flaws, and possibly even slightly “unique” tendencies and if anything, will appreciate you even more.
48. Between friends, differences in taste or opinion are irritating in direct proportion to their triviality. – W.H. Auden
This quote here talks about how friends can have different likes and dislikes and can bicker over even the most trivial of matters, but that doesn’t matter as they will still be friends at the end of the day.
49.One sure way to lose another woman’s friendship is to try to improve her flower arrangements. – Marcelene Cox
This quote here is humorous as it talks about how passionate some women can be over things they hold near and dear, which in this case, is represented by flowers.
50. Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and to have her nonsense respected. – Charles Lamb
This next quote talks about how we can be odd, bizarre, and unique at times, yet there are certain limits and boundaries that must be respected.